Re: [ADMIN] Hardware Configuration and other Stuff - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: [ADMIN] Hardware Configuration and other Stuff
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 03/18/2015 12:07 PM, Vivekanand Joshi wrote:

> Here are few questions:
>
> 1.) I don't need a load balancing solution. It must be high availability
> server and I can work with asynchronous replication. The most important
> thing here would be recovery should be as fast as possible.
>
> What approach would you recommend?

LinuxHA + Corosync/Pacemaker etc...

> 2.) Recommendations on indexes, WAL, table spaces. I am not asking about
> on which key I need to make indexes, but an high level approach about
> how to keep them? This might come out as a weird question to many but
> please excuse me for being a novice.

This is too broad of a question without understanding the hardware it
will be on.

> *Most Important Question:*
>
> 3.) What would be the ideal hardware configuration for this requirement?
> I know there is not a one-stop answer for this, but let's take it is a
> starting point. We can come to a proper conclusion after a discussion.
>
> What are the best on-line resources/books which can tell us about the
> hardware requirements?

And see above. You need a consultant. I am sure you will get some decent
architecture of a rather complex solution and a migration.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, @cmdpromptinc

Now I get it: your service is designed for a customer
base that grew up with Facebook, watches Japanese seizure
robot anime, and has the attention span of a gnat.
I'm not that user., "Tyler Riddle"