Re: Version on the yum.postgresql.org website - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From John Scalia
Subject Re: Version on the yum.postgresql.org website
Date
List pgsql-admin
On 3/18/2015 12:48 PM, Holger.Friedrich-Fa-Trivadis@it.nrw.de wrote:
> John Scalia wrote on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 5:07 PM:
>> Or is some major flaw with 9.3.3 that should motivate us to get off it immediately?
> Consider this:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/1328517318.859752.1424472489522.JavaMail.yahoo@mail.yahoo.com
> "Oh, and please update to 9.3.6; there are some nasty bugs fixed."
Yikes, I see what you mean, even though we haven't experienced any issues with 9.3.3. You should all know that I
personallyhave no problem upgrading at all and I've even put 9.4.0
into a sandbox just to satisfy my own curiosity. The problem here is more political, including the fact that Verizon is
tryingto migrate off of postgresql. I'm reasonably certain
if I say to migrate to a newer version, the suggestion will get canned, and the order come down to start using NuoDB
instead.