Re: [pgsql-www] What do we need for new PUGs? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Markus Wanner
Subject Re: [pgsql-www] What do we need for new PUGs?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 03/04/2015 08:29 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> We already have per-language mailing lists

..which I think is the main reason for low-traffic on the regional ones.
The language specific lists reach a broader audience compared to the
regional (PUG) ones. I'm not saying any of them is better or worse, but
two are clearly competitive in terms of traffic.

To answer Josh's original questions from my/SwissPUG point of view: We
just started out with a wiki and mailing lists, and that's okay for now.
I'm not sure what services we might need in the future, but have my
doubts about meetup.com, the Google offerings or similar services.

Regards

Markus