Re: New CF app deployment - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: New CF app deployment
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 3/3/15 11:11 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Tue, Mar  3, 2015 at 10:58:28AM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>>> Would you suggest removing the automated system completely, or keep it around
>>> and just make it possible to override it (either by removing the note that
>>> something is a patch, or by making something that's not listed as a patch
>>> become marked as such)?
>>
>> One counter-idea would be to assume every attachment is a patch _unless_
>> the attachment type matches a pattern that identifies it as not a patch.
>>
>> However, I agree with Tom that we should go a little longer before
>> changing it.
>
> Also, can we look inside the attachment to see if it starts with
> 'diff<space>'.

There are two different issues here:  One, how you detect a patch.  Two,
whether the latest "patch" is the patch of record for the commit fest item.

I think they are both currently wrong, but the second one is more
important.  Of course, if you punt on the first one, you have to do the
second one differently.