Re: a fast bloat measurement tool (was Re: Measuring relation free space) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mark Kirkwood
Subject Re: a fast bloat measurement tool (was Re: Measuring relation free space)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 26/02/15 13:32, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On 25 February 2015 at 23:30, Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@bluetreble.com> wrote:
>
>> That said, I don't want to block this; I think it's useful. Though, perhaps
>> it would be better as an extension instead of in contrib? I don't think it
>> should be very version dependent?
>
> The whole point of this is to get it into contrib.
>
> It could have published it as an extension months ago.

Is this intended to replace pg_freespacemap? Not trying to be
overprotective or anything :-) but is this new extension/module
better/faster/stronger/more accurate etc? If so then excellent! Ohth was
wondering if people either a) didn't know about pg_freespacemap or b)
consider that it is crap and won't use it.

Cheers

Mark