Re: compress method for spgist - 2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: compress method for spgist - 2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 02/13/2015 06:17 PM, Teodor Sigaev wrote:
>> Now that the input data type and leaf data type can be different, which one is
>> "attType"? It's the leaf data type, as the patch stands. I renamed that to
>> attLeafType, and went fixing all the references to it. In most places it's just
>> a matter of search & replace, but what about the reconstructed datum? In
>
> Done. Now there is separate attType and attLeafType which describe input/output
> and leaf types.

Thanks.

Did you try finding a use case for this patch in one of the built-in or
contrib datatypes? That would allow writing a regression test for this.

In the original post on this, you mentioned that the PostGIS guys
planned to use this to store polygons, as bounding boxes
(http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/5447B3FF.2080406@sigaev.ru). Any
idea how would that work?

- Heikki