Re: Auditing extension for PostgreSQL (Take 2) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Steele
Subject Re: Auditing extension for PostgreSQL (Take 2)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2/23/15 10:59 AM, David Steele wrote:
> On 2/17/15 10:34 AM, Stephen Frost wrote:
>> There seems to be a number of places which are 'pgaudit' and a bunch
>> that are 'pg_audit'.  I'm guessing you were thinking 'pg_audit', but
>> it'd be good to clean up and make them all consistent.
>
> Fixed, though I still left the file name as pgaudit.sgml since all but
> one module follow that convention.

It turns out there are a few places where _ is not allowed.  I've
reverted a few places to fix the doc build while maintaining the name as
pg_audit in the visible docs.

>> Perhaps I missed it, but it'd be good to point out that GUCs can be set
>> at various levels.  I know we probably say that somewhere else, but it's
>> particularly relevant for this.

I added notes as suggested.

Patch v3 is attached.

--