Re: Enforce creation of destination folders for source files in pg_regress (Was: pg_regress writes into source tree) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Enforce creation of destination folders for source files in pg_regress (Was: pg_regress writes into source tree)
Date
In response to Re: Enforce creation of destination folders for source files in pg_regress (Was: pg_regress writes into source tree)  (Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>)
Responses Re: Enforce creation of destination folders for source files in pg_regress (Was: pg_regress writes into source tree)  (Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 2/22/15 5:41 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> You could argue that these .gitignore files don't actually belong there,
>> but your patch doesn't change or move those files, and even modules that
>> have non-empty sql/ or expected/ directories have .gitignore files
>> there, so it is considered the appropriate location.
>
> This is up to the maintainer of each extension to manage their code
> tree. However I can imagine that some people would be grateful if we
> allow them to not need sql/ and expected/ containing only one single
> .gitignore file ignoring everything with "*", making the code tree of
> their extensions cleaner.

I would like to have an extension in tree that also does this, so we
have a regression test of this functionality.