Re: Issue installing doc tools on OSX - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Steele
Subject Re: Issue installing doc tools on OSX
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2/15/15 6:31 PM, David Steele wrote:
>> I had a problem installing the doc tools following the directions for
>> OSX at http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/docguide-toolsets.html.
>>  I'm running OSX Yosemite.
>>
>> I got it to work by changing the command from:
>>
>> sudo port install docbook-dsssl docbook-sgml-4.2 docbook-xml-4.2
>> docbook-xsl libxslt openjade opensp

>> sudo port install docbook-dsssl docbook-sgml-4.2 docbook-xml-4.2
>> docbook-xsl libxslt opensp openjade
>>
>> I didn't capture the error message unfortunately, but it was more or
>> less: unresolved dependency opensp while installing openjade.
>
> That seems a bit incredible, since port should be able to resolve the
> dependencies by itself.  I suggest that this should be reported as a bug
> to MacPorts.

Sure, that has been my experience, but the error message was very clear.Unfortunately I did not capture the error
beforeI changed the order
and the log file was removed on the next run.

Since I have no easy way to reproduce it I'm not sure it's worth
submitting as a bug.  However, I thought a reorder of the packages in
our docs couldn't hurt, and might help.

--
- David Steele
david@pgmasters.net