Re: Hardware requirements for a PostGIS server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paul Jungwirth
Subject Re: Hardware requirements for a PostGIS server
Date
List pgsql-general
> I am currently planning to set up a PostgreSQL + PostGIS instance for my
> lab. Turns out I believe this would be useful for the whole center, so
> that I'm now considering setting up the server for everyone—if interest
> is shared of course. At the moment, I am however struggling with what
> would be required in terms of hardware

Just for perspective, here are the specs required to run a Nominatim
server, which uses PostGIS to do geocoding on OpenStreetMap data:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Nominatim/Installation

Of course maybe your users have more detailed data, but at least that
link will give you something to think about.

Good luck!

Paul