Re: Weekly News? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Subject Re: Weekly News?
Date
List pgsql-www
On 02/09/2015 12:36 AM, David Fetter wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 03, 2015 at 03:34:34PM -0800, David Fetter wrote:
>> Folks,
>>
>> I sent PostgreSQL Weekly News out as usual Sunday night.  Did it get
>> stuck in an approval queue?
>
> I sent out the PostgreSQL Weekly News this week, too.
>
> According to Stefan Kaltenbrunner, last week's got marked as spam on
> grounds of a PTR record I don't exactly control and some phrase or
> other that I very likely didn't write.

spamfiltering is not an exact science and as with any pattern matching
and content inspection tools there will be FPs.
As I told you before we rejected the mail with a clear error message -
not sure why your mailsystem did not produce a proper bounce endig up in
your MUA.

> Is there any way I can identify myself to the spam system so as not to
> have my newsletters rejected out of hand?

While we have had discussions on the sysadmins team about implementing
some infrastructure(and no this is not as easy as adding an ipaddress
somewhere if done right) for this we have not yet decided on how and if
we want this, but it is not on my short term todo list.

Stefan