Re: Release note bloat is getting out of hand - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Release note bloat is getting out of hand
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2/1/15 11:10 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I think it's time we changed the policy of including all release notes
>> back to the beginning in Appendix E.
>
> I share the sentiment that the release notes *seem* too big, but the
> subsequent discussion shows that it's not clear why that's really a
> problem.  Exactly what problem are we trying to fix?

At a rough count of lines, the release notes for unsupported versions
are about 18% of documentation overall (47K out of 265K lines).  So
they're not insubstantial.  Compared to the total size of the tarball,
though ...

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.