Re: HTTP user authentication against PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: HTTP user authentication against PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On 1/30/2015 12:31 AM, Jeremy Palmer wrote:
> The PostgreSQL DB is currently setup with Kerberos for Windows SSO, as well as MD5 password authentication for
anotherpool of other PostgreSQL users who are not part of our Active Directory. LDAP could be used, but then we would
haveto move the current external users into the AD, and I'm not sure that can happen due to policy reasons.

active directory IS a sort of ldap.    I'd be looking at connecting
apache to that AD too, and not trying to do it via postgres. associating
a postgres connection with each HTTP client session would be inefficent
and ugly, especially as http can have multiple threads for a single
client session, yet http is considered sessionless.