Re: Looking for a book on pgsql - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Ziggy Skalski
Subject Re: Looking for a book on pgsql
Date
List pgsql-novice
On 15-01-27 07:18 AM, Chuck Roberts wrote:

We have a closed Postgresql 8.4 system, from a vendor, so I don't have access to a shell prompt on that system, but I have access to a psql prompt on that machine.

I'm looking for a book to learn Pgsql, preferably with a CD with it's own db. I cannot copy our company database because it is many gigs and actually takes 24+ hours to copy, and yes, I do need multiple tables to do testing. Can anyone recommend a book for me?

I have windows 7 on my PC if that makes a difference, along with a psql client on the same PC.

Thank you.

This book is pretty decent too if you're set on using a Postgres 8.x version, though as others have mentioned ,it's rather dated by now...
http://www.amazon.com/Beginning-Databases-PostgreSQL-Novice-Professional/dp/1590594789/