Re: [sysadmins] Moving psqlodbc from pgfoundry to github - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Subject Re: [sysadmins] Moving psqlodbc from pgfoundry to github
Date
List pgsql-odbc
> On 01/16/2015 10:19 PM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
>> On 01/16/2015 04:08 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:
>>> Heikki,

>>> Agreed, thanks for following up.

>>> This all seems pretty reasonable to me.  I've cc'd the sysadmins team so
>>> everyone can comment.  This sounds like a similar setup to other sites
>>> that we run, which is good.
>>>
>>> Magnus, Stefan, any thoughts about this?  I'm not sure when I'll have
>>> time to actually look at making it happen..
>>
>> so this is done now: https://odbc.postgresql.org
>
> Wonderful, many thanks!

np

>> * the new website is https-only
>
> Oh. Why?

that is actually a feature :) the entire world if moving to https and
search engines started to rank pages with https (and https-only) higher
a while ago.
Note that it will still accept http requests but will redirect you to
https. it will also send a HSTS header (
HTTP Strict Transport Security) to tell clients to use https immediately
in the future to avoid the redirect and to improve security...
We are actually moving postgresql.org maintained services to that schema
over for a while now - not sure people even noticed so far :)

>> * there is at least one reference in the -www and the main project code
>> that has the *.projects.postgresql.org url hardcoded
>
> Ah, I'll go fix them

nice

Stefan