Re: [sysadmins] Moving psqlodbc from pgfoundry to github - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Subject Re: [sysadmins] Moving psqlodbc from pgfoundry to github
Date
List pgsql-odbc
On 01/16/2015 04:08 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> Heikki,
>
> * Heikki Linnakangas (hlinnakangas@vmware.com) wrote:
>> This got forgotten in the summer.
>
> Agreed, thanks for following up.
>
>> To recap, I'd like to have a site at URL
>> http://odbc.postgresql.org/. The content should be the same as on
>> the current psqlodbc website at
>> http://psqlodbc.projects.pgfoundry.org/. That is:
>>
>> 1. The main content comes from the psqlodbc-www git repository
>> (git://git.postgresql.org/git/psqlodbc-www.git)
>>
>> 2. The contents of the /docs/ path comes from the /docs directory in
>> the main psqlodbc git repository
>> (git://git.postgresql.org/git/psqlodbc.git)
>
> This all seems pretty reasonable to me.  I've cc'd the sysadmins team so
> everyone can comment.  This sounds like a similar setup to other sites
> that we run, which is good.
>
> Magnus, Stefan, any thoughts about this?  I'm not sure when I'll have
> time to actually look at making it happen..

so this is done now: https://odbc.postgresql.org

couple comments:

* there is a cronjob that syncs down the two repositories every 10 minutes
* the website contained a reference to
http://psqlodbc.projects.pgfoundry.org/backups/psqlodbc-cvs.tar.bz2
which did not exist in one of the directories so I donwload it by hand
* the new website is https-only
* there is at least one reference in the -www and the main project code
that has the *.projects.postgresql.org url hardcoded
* the website is reachable over both IPv4 and IPv6 now

if there is anything more you need or if something does not work as
expected - just tell us :)

Stefan