Re: Synchronous commit behavior during network outage - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrey Borodin
Subject Re: Synchronous commit behavior during network outage
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Ondrej!

> 19 апр. 2021 г., в 22:19, Ondřej Žižka <ondrej.zizka@stratox.cz> написал(а):
>
> Do you think, that would be possible to implement a process that would solve this use case?
> Thank you
> Ondrej

Feel free to review patch fixing this at [0]. It's classified as "Server Features", but I'm sure it's a bug fix.

Yandex.Cloud PG runs with this patch for more than half a year. Because we cannot afford loosing data in HA clusters.

It's somewhat incomplete solution, because PG restart or crash recovery will make waiting transactions visible. But we
protectfrom this on HA tool's side.

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.