Re: Loading Data Dumps for Tables Containing BDR Global Sequence - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Loading Data Dumps for Tables Containing BDR Global Sequence
Date
List pgsql-general
On 01/04/2015 12:14 AM, John Casey wrote:
> We have been trying to load our existing database that contains local
> sequences into a BDR-based database with global sequences.

[snip]

> There just doesn’t seem to be a good way to accomplish this operation,
> at least not a documented way I have been able to find.

I think you want default_seqam = bdr .

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/BDR_Global_Sequences#Global_sequences_created_by_default

You can pass this to psql or pg_restore using a PGOPTIONS setting or an
'options=' entry in a connection dsn, e.g.

pg_restore -d "dbname=mydb options='-c default_sequenceam=bdr'" dumpfile