Re: pgbench -f and vacuum - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: pgbench -f and vacuum
Date
Re: pgbench -f and vacuum  (David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 12/13/14, 6:17 PM, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> Problem with "-f implies -n" approach is, it breaks backward
> compatibility. There are use cases using custom script*and*  pgbench_*
> tables. For example the particular user wants to use the standard
> pgbench tables and is not satisfied with the built in scenario. I know
> at least one user does this way.

If we care enough about that case to attempt the vacuum anyway then we need to do something about the error message;
eithersquelch it or check for the existence of the tables before attempting to vacuum. Since there's no way to squelch
inthe server logfile, I think checking for the table is the right answer.