Re: Commitfest problems - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Commitfest problems
Date
Re: Commitfest problems  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 12/11/14 1:35 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> While the commitfest process hasn't changed much and was very successful
> in the first few years, a few things have changed externally:
>
>     1  more new developers involved in contributing small patches
>     2  more full-time developers creating big patches
>     3  increased time demands on experienced Postgres developers

The number of patches registered in the commit fests hasn't actually
changed over the years.  It has always fluctuated between 50 and 100,
depending on the point of the release cycle.  So I don't think (1) is
necessarily the problem.