Re: Bad RAID1 read performance - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Dimitri
Subject Re: Bad RAID1 read performance
Date
List pgsql-performance
As there is no 'continuous space' option on ext3/ext2 (or probably "-f
fragment_size" may do a trick?) - I think after some filesystem
activity you simply loose continuous space allocation and rather
expected sequential reading may be transformed into random seeking of
'logically' sequentual blocks...

Rgds,
-Dimitri