Re: Bug? {? = CALL insert_page_segment (?, ?)} - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Inoue, Hiroshi
Subject Re: Bug? {? = CALL insert_page_segment (?, ?)}
Date
List pgsql-odbc

On 2014/11/13 16:56, Nils Gösche wrote:
> Michael wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 11:06 PM, Nils Gösche <cartan@cartan.de> wrote:
>
>>> So, should I use the new driver together with this driver option on
>>> our customers' servers? I had always left this option at its default
>>> value (1), which seems to be the recommended setting. Or is this
>>> something that will be fixed in the driver, and I should stick to 9.2.1
>>> for the time being?
>
>> UseServerSidePrepare default value has been switched from 0 to 1 in
>> 09.03.0100, that's btw the value recommended for Postgres 7.4 onwards
>> for quite some time.
>
> Oh! I knew that it had been the recommended value, I just assumed it also must have been the default value, then :-)
Soin fact, our software has been running with UseServerSidePrepare=0 all the time. I can make a note for our support
peopleto tell every customer who runs into this problem to add this setting to his connection string.

> What I do not quite understand, however, is why it is even necessary for us to deviate from the recommended setting.
Isthere anything wrong with the way I am doing the query? Shouldn't it work with UseServerSidePrepare=1 as well?

Yes it should work.
Currently there are some bugs about handling output parameters.
It would be fixed in the next release.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue