Re: Performance bug in prepared statement binding in 9.2? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Performance bug in prepared statement binding in 9.2?
Date
Re: Performance bug in prepared statement binding in 9.2?  (Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-performance
On 12/31/2013 09:55 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>> Tom,
>>> There's an abbreviated version of this argument in the comments in
>>> my proposed patch at
>>> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/11927.1384199294@sss.pgh.pa.us
>>> What I'm hoping will happen next is that the complainants will hot-patch
>>> that and see if it fixes their problems.  We can't really determine
>>> what to do without that information.
>
>> Unfortunately, the original reporter of this issue will not be available
>> for testing for 2-3 weeks, and I haven't been able to devise a synthetic
>> test which clearly shows the issue.
>
> Ping?  I've been waiting on committing that patch pending some real-world
> testing.  It'd be nice to resolve this question before we ship 9.3.3,
> which I'm supposing will be sometime in January ...

Did this patch every make it in?  Or did it hang waiting for verification?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.