Re: SSL Certificates in Postgres 9.3 and Windows 7 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: SSL Certificates in Postgres 9.3 and Windows 7
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/08/2014 08:07 PM, harpagornis wrote:
> I am trying to implement SSL certificates with postgres 9.3 locally in
> Windows 7.  In Windows Component Services / Local Services, postrgres is
> configured to start automatically, with Log On as a local system account.
>
> Using my Windows administrator account, in a command prompt inside my data
> folder, when I execute postgres -D . , I get the message, "Redirecting
> logging output to the logging collector service."   I also get this error
> message in my log file:

?????

> When I try to connect in PgAdminIII I get the error message, "Server isn't
> listening"  What am I doing wrong?  Right now, just for development
> purposes, do I need to have a root certificate?  I tried unsuccessfully to
> create one with makecert but couldn't get the flags and options right.

Would seem either Postgres has not started or is listening on an
interface different from what you are trying to connect to.

> I followed the postgres & openssl documentation for creating the
> privkey.pem, server.req, server.key and server.crt files, ie.:

?????

> This is the entire pg_hba.conf file:

?????

> Also, which of those last two lines in the pg_hba.conf file should I be
> using to require SSL certificates for all postgres accounts?  Is it even
> possible to require a SSL certificate for the postgres account?
>
> This the entire postgresql.conf file:

?????

> Thank you for all comments and suggestions.

More comments/suggestions will have to wait until the missing pieces are
filled in.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com