Re: recovery_target_time and standby_mode - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: recovery_target_time and standby_mode
Date
List pgsql-hackers
All,

The point of this thread was to determine:

Is the current interaction of recovery_target_time and standby_mode
(that is, that recovery_target_time causes standby_mode to be ignorned)
the correct behavior?

If Yes, then we have a tech bug and a doc bug:
Tech Bug: if the user sets both recovery_target_time and standby_mode in
recovery.conf, they should get an error.
Doc Bug: we should make it clear that these are exclusive options.

If No, then we have a tech bug to change the current functionality, and
a decision about backporting.

So far, I've seen one opinion (yes) on whether our current behavior is
correct or not.  For my part, I would like to have a different
interacton, but I think that's a future feature rather than a bug, as
long as we do the stuff in the Yes column.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.