Re: recovery_target_time and standby_mode - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: recovery_target_time and standby_mode
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 11/05/2014 05:00 PM, Greg Stark wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 12:32 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>> When the recovery_target_time is reached, switch to streaming
>> replication and stay a standby.
>
> Then shouldn't he just not specify a recovert_target at all? That's
> the default behaviour for standby_mode on, the whole point of
> recovery_target is to specify when to stop recovery and leave standby
> mode, no?

Their goal was to restore a master *and replica* to a point in time
before Bad Stuff happened, and then have a working master-replica pair.

Like I said, this is probably working as intended, we just need to
clarify it in the docs.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.