Re: Tablespace limit feature - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Tablespace limit feature
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/4/2014 9:00 AM, Alejandro Carrillo wrote:
> I need to limit the tablespace file because I need to control the hard
> disk space used in a tablespace

so what happens if a query does something that violates the quota?

I can see one difficulty in implementation would be just keeping track
of how much space is used in a tablespace, thats not done right now at
all as far as I know.   every time a new block is allocated, a
tablespace size catalog table would have to be updated.... and oh no,
what happens if THAT table grows and overflows the quota of the default
tablespace where the catalog is maintained?