Re: Tablespace limit feature - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rob Sargent
Subject Re: Tablespace limit feature
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/04/2014 10:09 AM, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:

Le 4 nov. 2014 18:00, "Alejandro Carrillo" <fasterzip@yahoo.es> a écrit :

> I need to limit the tablespace file because I need to control the hard disk space used in a tablespace. Anybody knows how to do this? Or if it this in the PostgreSQL roadmap?

Well, Stephen already answered this. There's no way yet to do this with PostgreSQL. You might get something like this with filesystem quotas.

And it's not on PostgreSQL roadmap, because there's no such thing. I don't know anyone working on this.

> Thanks
>
> El Martes 4 de noviembre de 2014 11:52, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> escribió:

>> > You can set up quotas on the underlying filesystem, but that will limit
>> > the entire tablespace.
>> >
>> > Having quotas and limits for users is something which I've wanted for a
>> > long time, but it's not likely to happen any time particularly soon..
>> >

>> Lack of time or technical issue? For the latter, may I ask which issue you see? (I might be interesting in pursuing this)

Can you not partition the disk such that Postgres only has certain partician(s)?