Re: How to implent the CONVERT ( data_type [ ( length ) ] , expression ) function in PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Emanuel Calvo
Subject Re: How to implent the CONVERT ( data_type [ ( length ) ] , expression ) function in PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
El 02/11/14 a las 07:15, rohtodeveloper escibió:
> Dear
>
> I'm doing a job about converting an expression of one data type to
> another.
> In SQLServer, there'are two functions to do this job.

From which data_type to which one?  In psql, the option \dC, will give
you the list of supported casts.

Did you try the cast operand?

postgres=# select '1235'::int , 823::text, (now()::date)::text;
 int4 | text |    now
 1235 | 823  | 2014-11-02
(1 row)

Emanuel Calvo                 http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/