Re: Deal with <>s in message IDs - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: Deal with <>s in message IDs
Date
List pgsql-www
On 10/29/14, 5:01 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 12:17 AM, Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@bluetreble.com> wrote:
>> Thunderbird (and presumably other things) will wrap message IDs in <>s,
>> which pgarchives doesn't handle correctly. I'd like to fix this; presumably
>> the correct way to do so is the same way we're handling /'s in message IDs?
>
> Um. So what does it actually do :) Do you have an example?

The backslash stuff? I don't know, I was hoping you did...

If you're referring to the <> issue, my problem is this: If you paste '<message-ID>' into commitfest instead of just
'message-ID'you get no results, because it creates a URL that contains the <>s. Obviously commitfest could be taught to
strip<>, but ISTM it's more useful to have pgarchives do it.