Trying to learn the PL/pgsql procedural language - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From John R. Sowden
Subject Trying to learn the PL/pgsql procedural language
Date
Re: Trying to learn the PL/pgsql procedural language  (Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-novice
I have been a foxpro/dos programmer for my small business for about 35
years.  I use linux for all but database stuff.  For db I use
foxpro/dosemu.  It looks like pg is my best bet for linux/sql. After
reading an o'reilly book on pg (_practical postgresql_), not one word
was mentioned in the procedural language chapter about displaying text.
  I write complete applications (in foxpro), not just queries and forms.

What am I missing here?  I am not interested in trying to learn C, C++,
Java, or Perl in order to read sql databases.

tia,

John