Re: Additional role attributes && superuser review - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: Additional role attributes && superuser review
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 10/15/14, 12:22 AM, Stephen Frost wrote:
>    BACKUP:
>      pg_start_backup()
>      pg_stop_backup()
>      pg_switch_xlog()
>      pg_create_restore_point()

It seems odd to me that this (presumably) supports PITR but not pg_dump*. I realize that most folks probably don't use
pg_dumpfor actual backups, but I think it is very common to use it to produce schema-only (maybe with data from a few
tablesas well) dumps for developers. I've certainly wished I could offer that ability without going full-blown
super-user.