Re: postgresql-9.3-postgis-2.1 failing to install on debian 7.6 - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Markus Wanner
Subject Re: postgresql-9.3-postgis-2.1 failing to install on debian 7.6
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
Jake,

On 10/01/2014 10:56 PM, Jake O'brien Fagan wrote:
> Just this morning postgresql-9.3-postgis-2.1 failed to install on debian
> wheezy. And I received the following error:

>      postgresql-9.3-postgis-2.1 : Depends: liblwgeom-2.1.4 (>= 2.1.2)
> but it is not going to be installed
>          Recommends: postgis but it is not going to be installed

Thanks for the report. This is an issue with the pgdg packaging, yes.
For some reason, postgis got built against a package from the backports,
so if you don't have those in your sources, installation fails. I'm
investigating.

In the mean time, installing libjson-c2 from the backports as outlined
on stackoverflow (http://stackoverflow.com/a/26151320) should be just fine.

Regards

Markus Wanner

Attachment