Re: proposal: rounding up time value less than its unit. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: proposal: rounding up time value less than its unit.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 9/25/14 11:03 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
> I couldn't agree more.  There's something to be said for just leaving
> this alone.

I agree.

> potentitally draw complaints.  But I also agree with his last one - of
> those three possible complaints, I certainly prefer "I had to fix my
> configuration file for the new, stricter validation" over any variant
> of "my configuration file still worked but it did something
> surprisingly different from what it used to do.".

Yes.  I don't mind that we rename parameters from time to time when
semantics changed or are refined.  But having the same parameter setting
mean different things in different versions is the path to complete madness.