Re: [BUGS] Re: [BUGS] Re: BUG #11431: Failing to backup and restore a Windows postgres database, with Norwegian Bokmål locale. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: [BUGS] Re: [BUGS] Re: BUG #11431: Failing to backup and restore a Windows postgres database, with Norwegian Bokmål locale.
Date
In response to Re: Re: [BUGS] Re: BUG #11431: Failing to backup and restore a Windows postgres database, with Norwegian Bokmål locale.  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-bugs
On 09/22/2014 07:10 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> writes:
>> I think we should map "Norwegian (Bokmål)" to "norwegian-bokmal", so
>> that the mapping is applied to the return value of setlocale(). So when
>> initdb does setlocale(NULL, "") to get the locale, we'll return
>> "norwegian-bokmal", and that gets stored in the catalogs and
>> postgresql.conf.
>
> That seems like a reasonable hack if there's only the one case ...
> how sure are we about that?

That's the only one I can see in MSDN documentation, and in the dropdown
box in Windows 7. New languages and countries pop up every now and then,
but overall the lists are fairly stable. And we could live with a few of
these if we have to.

- Heikki