Re: Dark mode styling for the website - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: Dark mode styling for the website
Date
List pgsql-www
On 10/10/22 5:46 PM, Dave Page wrote:

>     My general comment on the patch as is stands is around the heavy use of
>     "!important"; if we have to override styles with that, then
>     something is
>     not cascading correctly and we should fix that.
>
>     Some of the original CSS from the design does have "!important" in it,
>     though we've been trying to roll back what we can as we come across it.
>     There are some legit use cases (e.g. overriding something Bootstrap is
>     doing that we can't otherwise override), but I'd prefer if we don't
>     introduce further !important's.
>

> I believe that is what most (all?) of them are doing.

Yes, looking at it closer, it does appear to be that way. I still think
we should try to do it without the "!important" if at all possible. We
have had some strange bugs or trouble editing things as is.

That said, I'll try to test in the coming days and see if I have
additional comments. I do prefer to run my personal setup in dark mode,
so I'm happy to test :)

Thanks,

Jonathan

Attachment