Re: PL/pgSQL 2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: PL/pgSQL 2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 09/02/2014 09:48 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:

>> As a case in point, EDB have spent quite a few man-years on their Oracle
>> compatibility layer; and it's still not a terribly exact match, according
>> to my colleagues who have looked at it.  So that is a tarbaby I don't
>> personally care to touch ... even ignoring the fact that cutting off
>> EDB's air supply wouldn't be a good thing for the community to do.

What any commercial entity and the Community do are mutually exclusive
and we can not and should not determine what features we will support
based on any commercial endeavor.

JD

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, @cmdpromptinc
"If we send our children to Caesar for their education, we should             not be surprised when they come back as
Romans."