Re: Linux replication to FreeBSD problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Linux replication to FreeBSD problem
Date
List pgsql-general
On 08/20/2014 07:53 AM, Jov wrote:
> I setup a PG 9.3.5 master on CentOS 6 x86_64,and 2 screaming replicaton
> slaves,one on CentOS6 x86_64,the other on FreeBSD 10 amd64.
> The replication work fine for a week,But today I find a problem on sql
> running on FreeBSD:simple sql use index do not return result.If I
> disable the index ,use seqscan,then I can get correct result.

> So,Is this a un-support replication method?

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Binary_Replication_Tutorial#5_Minutes_to_Simple_Replication

You must have the right setup to make this work:

     2 servers with similar operating systems (e.g both Linux 64-bit).

I would say FreeBSD is not similar enough to Linux(CentOS) to make this
work reliably with binary replication.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com