Re: Database block lifecycle - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Database block lifecycle
Date
List pgsql-general
On 8/12/2014 3:29 PM, pinker wrote:
> yes, I know the count is quite high. It is the max value we've
> estimated, but probably on average day it will be 100-200, and yes we
> use pgpool.

if you're using a pooler, then why would you be using 200 concurrent
connections, unless you have a 50 or 100 CPU cores/threads ?

if you have 1000 transactions to execute on a 32 core server, and you
try and do 200 at once, it will take longer than if you do 64 at a time
and let the rest queue up.