Re: Proposal: Incremental Backup - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marco Nenciarini
Subject Re: Proposal: Incremental Backup
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Il 07/08/14 17:29, Bruce Momjian ha scritto:
> I am a little worried that many users will not realize this until they
> try it and are disappointed, e.g. "Why is PG writing to my static data
> so often?" --- then we get beaten up about our hint bits and freezing
> behavior.  :-(
>
> I am just trying to set realistic expectations.

Our experience is that for big databases (size over about 50GB) the
file-level approach is often enough to halve the size of the backup.

Users which run Postgres as Data Warehouse surely will benefit from it,
so we could present it as a DWH oriented feature.

Regards,
Marco

--
Marco Nenciarini - 2ndQuadrant Italy