Moving some mailing lists: eligibility check - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Moving some mailing lists: eligibility check
Date
List pgsql-www
WWW,

I would like to move some private mailing lists which are still hosted
on pgfoundry to PostgreSQL.org.  Since the state of maintenance of
pgfoundry is unknown, I'd like to move these while the original lists
are still working.

The list names below are the current names; the new list names could be
whatever seems appropriate.  Since archives are closed for all three
lists, we would not have any interest in converting the archives.

funds-group

Membership: funds committee, approx 30 people.

Reason It's Closed: discussions of money and eligibility for financial
assistance which could be politically sensitive.  Statutorily limited
membership.  Archives could be opened with a vote of the funds
committee, but not sure how that vote would go.

Notes: the funds-group will need to vote to move the list; I'm checking
here if you are willing to host it before that vote is taken.

gsoc-mentor
===========

Purpose: private discussion between mentors and admins of current GSOC
regarding students and the program.

Membership: current and former GSOC mentors.

Reason It's Closed: frank discussions of GSOC student performance.

press-regional

Purpose: list for sending notifications to Regional Contacts of new
releases and update releases.

Membership: current designated Regional Contacts.  Changes every year.

Reason It's Closed: list receives final versions of release notices a
few days before they're public.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.