Re: JBDC LDAP support - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Gerald Cheves
Subject Re: JBDC LDAP support
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi John,

There is LDAP authentication in PostgreSQL.

Check out the PostgreSQL Documentation, section 19.3.8 http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/auth-methods.html
and https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/LDAP_Authentication_against_AD

- Gerald
On 7/18/2014 3:53 PM, John Neal wrote:

Does the postgres JDBC driver include LDAP support? I was able to get psql to connect via LDAP using pg_service.conf (so I can confirm that the LDAP entry is correct), but a majority of our applications use jdbc to connect.

For example, normally our java apps would connect to Oracle with a url like this:

jdbc:oracle:thin:@ldap://oid.myserver.com/ABC_APP_L3,cn=OracleContext

However, I’m not able to find a way to accomplish similar with postgres. I’ve confirmed that the driver (postgresql-9.3-1102.jdbc4.jar) works when specifying the hostname, dbname, and port. When using LDAP, this is what I would expect, but it doesn’t work.

jdbc:postgresql:@ldap:// oid.myserver.com/ ABC_APP_L3,cn=PostgresContext

I’d appreciate any advice.

John Neal

--