Re: Windows Installation User account - Correct database for us - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Windows Installation User account - Correct database for us
Date
List pgsql-general
On 07/17/2014 07:30 AM, Wolfgang Keller wrote:
>> H2 or SQLite can be very reasonable choices for in-app embedded
>> databases, so long as your app can operate within their constraints on
>> concurrency and data size.
>
> Firefox uses SQLite and the places.sqlite database is notorious for
> getting corrupted every five minutes.

I have never seen that on any of the Firefox installs I have done. Maybe
I am just lucky:)

>Libreoffice/Openoffice Base uses
> H2 and there are plenty of reports by users about data losses due to
> database corruption.

Actually I thought it bundled  HSQLDB and it was optional whether you
used it or not as it supported multiple DB backends. In any case, my
experience has been that Base has issues independent of the backend.

> Personally I'd *never* use an "embedded" database for anything.

So I'm guessing you do not use any devices other than full blown servers:)

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com