Re: We've been affected by a pg_upgrade bug. What do we do next? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: We've been affected by a pg_upgrade bug. What do we do next?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 07/16/2014 07:08 AM, Shaun Thomas wrote:
> Hey,
>
> We performed an upgrade via pg_upgrade from 9.1 to 9.3 a while back, and I'm almost certain we were bitten by this
bug:

> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20140530121631.GE25431@alap3.anarazel.de
>
> Finding the discussion is nice... but what do we do to fix this? I read through the discussion, and it *seems* we can
deletethe 0000 file and restart since it's only an 8k file and we haven't gone far enough to wrap into a new 0000 file.
Willthat actually work, though? Or is it too late, since something has already requested that invalid transaction? What
dowe do?

See here:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/20140702pg_upgrade_fix

--