WAL archiving to 2 standby servers - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From John Scalia
Subject WAL archiving to 2 standby servers
Date
Re: WAL archiving to 2 standby servers  (Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com>)
List pgsql-admin
Hi all,

I'm wondering as I've never seen anyone doing this if I can/should setup WAL archiving from the primary server to 2
differentstandby servers. These machines are configured to be
streaming replication and I've got the archive command on the primary doing an scp to both standbys, but for some
reasonthe second one isn't getting anything. What the
archive_command looks like is "scp %p user@standby1:/<dir>/%f; scp %p user@standby2:<dir>/%f". That's not wokring
correctly,but I'm wondering if it's even necessary for the 2nd
standby?

Just askin',
Jay

PS. There are two standby's to deal with the problem of synchronous_commit and the failure of one of the standby's.