Re: SQL access to database attributes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vik Fearing
Subject Re: SQL access to database attributes
Date
Re: SQL access to database attributes  (Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>)
Re: SQL access to database attributes  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 06/21/2014 10:11 PM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am looking createdb_alterdb_grammar_refactoring.v1.patch
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/53868E57.3030908@dalibo.com

Thank you for looking at this.

> Is any reason or is acceptable incompatible change CONNECTION_LIMIT
> instead CONNECTION LIMIT? Is decreasing parser size about 1% good enough
> for breaking compatibility?

How is compatibility broken?  The grammar still accepts the old way, I
just changed the documentation to promote the new way.

> Surely this patch cannot be backported what is proposed there.

There are reasons I can think of not to backport this first patch, but
breaking compatibility isn't one of them.
--
Vik