Re: Removing support for v1 and v2 protocols? - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Removing support for v1 and v2 protocols?
Date
List pgsql-odbc
On 06/19/2014 03:49 PM, Dave Page wrote:
> We tried to port psqlODBC to libpq 5 - 10 years ago. It didn't go
> well, and eventually we went back to the original code.

Pity. I'm glad it's been looked at though. I'll see if I can find the
threads.

Perhaps it's worth seeing if a few progressive enhancements to libpq
(hook functions, "legal" access to the raw socket for applications that
promise to be good little citizens, etc) can make it possible in future.
Maintaining psqlODBC as yet another client library doesn't look like fun
from the little I've seen.