Re: Running regression tests on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Running regression tests on Windows
Date
List pgsql-odbc
On 06/18/2014 03:18 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 9:03 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
> <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:

>>> OK good to know. I didn't think about that when writing this patch.
>>
>> On further testing, that only works on Windows with psql version 9.4 or
>> later. Maybe we can live with that..
> Ouch OK. Is there any reason specific to psql for that?

Older versions didn't quote the command passed to CMD properly. That was
fixed in 9.4, but not backpatched, in fear that it would break people's
scripts that currently include an extra pair of quotes in the command,
to work around that. See commit
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=a692ee5870f0f442565b4c4bff367094599e9bdf

- Heikki