Re: Building psqlODBC installers - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Hiroshi Inoue
Subject Re: Building psqlODBC installers
Date
Re: Building psqlODBC installers  (Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com>)
List pgsql-odbc
(2014/06/17 22:14), Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> On 06/16/2014 07:00 PM, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>> I'll try to whip the MSbuild system into shape, so that it can build all
>> the installers in one command. I'd also like to remove the dependency to
>> PowerShell. Surely plain MSBuild can do what we want, so let's avoid the
>> extra dependency if we can.

Unfortunately I don't prefer to pack all into one command(tool).
Though I chose instead of nmake, I don't love it so much.

Though I don't have much time to confirm the patch, I noticed
the followings for the time being.

1. The default target seems to build installers. Do we have to
    build installers so often? I have never built installers for
    a long time for purposes other than testing themselves.

2. ISTM there's no target which builds x86 and x64 drivers.
    Is it right?

3. Why does the patch remove installer/psqlodbc-setup together?

> One notable change over the existing powershell system is that the this
> extracts the driver's version number from version.h, while the
> powershell scripts did it the other way 'round.

 > This is better, because
> now you don't need to modify both files when bumping the version number.

I left version.h for nmake build. There's no need to maintain it when
switching to MSBuild is done.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue