Re: Re: Cannot start Postgresql 9.3 as a service in Windows 2012 Server with a domain account - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject Re: Re: Cannot start Postgresql 9.3 as a service in Windows 2012 Server with a domain account
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12/06/2014 14:51, boca2608 wrote:
> Thanks Ray.  But unfortunately, there is no log entry in the postgresql log
> (as in the data/pg_log folder).  The log file is empty. I checked the log
> before and after the error.

OK. You may need to enable logging (though I thought the EnterpriseDB
installer had it enabled by default) - have a look at postgresql.conf,
which ought to be in the data/ directory, and see what's in the section
entitled "Error reporting and logging".

My laptop installation (Postgres 9.3 on Windows 7) currently has the
following (all set by the aforementioned installer) -

log_destination = 'stderr'
logging_collector = on
log_directory = 'pg_log'
log_filename = 'postgresql-%Y-%m-%d_%H%M%S.log'

- and the log files are being created in data/pg_log as expected.

HTH,

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland